1 hour 30 mins
10-15 Cinnamon Rolls
Low FODMAP serve
What you'll need
1 cup (250g) Lactose Free Milk
¼ cup (40g) unsalted butter, melted
⅓ cup (95g) sugar
3 teaspoon (12.5) dry yeast
1(55g) XL egg, lightly beaten
3 ½ cups (490g) Lo-Fo Pantry All Purpose/Plain Flour
¼ teaspoon (3g) salt
⅔ cups (110g) brown sugar
2 tablespoon (20g) ground cinnamon
3 tablespoon (30g) unsalted butter, melted
½ cup (125g) lactose free cream cheese
2 tablespoon (20g) unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoon (30g) Lactose Free Milk
1 teaspoon (8g) vanilla extract
1 cup (130g) confectionary sugar
Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C (350°F), and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with dough hook attachment, combine the milk together with melted butter, sugar and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add whisked egg to milk mixture and combine, then add the flour and salt and knead until smooth dough forms (about 5 minutes).
- Lightly coat a bowl with cooking spray and place the dough ball there and cover it for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 50cm (19inch) by 30cm (13inch) rectangle.
- Combine the melted butter with cinnamon and brown sugar then brush this mixture over the dough, right up to all the edges.
- Beginning at the long side, roll the dough tightly into one cylinder. Slice roll into around 8-10 slices, each one around 3cm thick.
- Arrange rolls in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While baking begin making the icing.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar and beat again until smooth.
- After the rolls have been baked, spread the icing over the rolls.
Recipe by The FODMAP Challenge
*Recipe approved by FODMAP Friendly to the recommended serving size as appropriate for a low FODMAP diet